Thursday, August 18, 2011

"This Is Me" Thursday--I Have


I Have:


  • A wonderful home in the country. The house and the property (6 acres!) is always a work-in-progress, but the same is true for anything we value.
  • A supportive and loving husband. John wants me to do what I love and feel happy and successful.
  • A loving, caring family and a small group of dear friends. Who could ask for more?
  • Two great kids. They're still finding their way in this crazy world (aren't we all?) but they are both hard-working, respectful, and generous. We love them.
  • A 1998 Chevy Cavalier. Sure, it's old but it has a new engine and transmission and a fresh shiny black paint job. My little car looks and runs like new. (Without the monthly car payments, which leaves more money for--office supplies.)
  • A cat. Her name is Cashmere because she is so soft. She's a bit of a bimbo but she's a good girl and really, really cute.
  • A short attention span. Which could explain my problem with writing novels and my compulsion to write short stories and poems.
  • A wonderful group of writing friends. Although I've never met them face-to-face, I feel as though we're all family.
  • A very large Rubbermaid tub filled with unused Crayola crayons. But most of you knew that, so let's move on...
  • A fairy collection. They flutter inside the curio cabinet John bought me one Christmas. Sometimes, I talk to them but they don't seem to listen. I also have a collection of fairy books. They're so beautiful!
  • A fascination with dragonflies. They fly into my office whenever I leave the door open. I tell them it's OK for them to reveal their true identities (fairies, of course!) but they act like they don't know what I'm talking about. Oh, well...

2 comments:

  1. I loved this post-- I share the crayon/fairy obsessions. And Cashmere!!! Such a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right! You DO know Cashmere. :D
    You'll have to come over sometime. We'll color pictures of fairies. (Yes, I have a fairy coloring book. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I LOVE hearing from you! :D