Thursday, October 6, 2011

This Is Me Thursday--I Miss

I Miss...

     
  • The big family holidays we had when I was young. After death, misunderstandings, and relocations, our family has gotten so small.
  • Looney Tunes. Bugs Bunny was my Saturday morning mentor for classical music, and how to be a smart-ass.
  •  
     
  • Hearing my daughter play her instruments. She played flute, fife, tenor saxophone, trumpet, euphonium, and marching trombone. She's been so busy with the military and college, she doesn't play any of them.
  •  
  • Doing crafts. What started as a hobby turned into a part-time business with my husband's niece. Eventually, life got in the way and we stopped.
  •  
  • Being a stay-at-home wife and mother. I just don't have the time to keep the house clean, make home-cooked meals, breads, and desserts like I used to.

  • Getting a weekly paycheck. Having your own business means doing without sometimes.

  • Family vacations down the shore (before Snooki and her friends got their manicured claws into it) and up at the lake. I always thought the process was stressful but the week of relaxation was worth it.

  • When my daughter was a little girl and seeing the wonders of life through her eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I LOVE hearing from you! :D