Sunday, April 22, 2012

Building A Platform



Construction Site

The gauntlet was thrown and I had to take up the challenge. My friend and fellow-writer, Claudsy, alerted me to an author platform building challenge run by Robert Lee Brewer. (Go Here if you'd like to join in on the fun!)

I figured, why not? I need to build my platform and besides, I work best under pressure of deadlines. I put on my hard hat and joined in on Day 4 but it took seventeen days for me to strap on the tool belt and get around to actually doing the challenge! Needless to say, as of this post, the rest of the challenge community is on Day 22 while I am still lagging behind by ten days. Have no fear, I WILL complete the challenge on time!

Some of the tasks are easy, and thankfully I already had a few of them done. Some tasks make you stop, think, and define yourself, while other tasks are about interacting with other blogs and writers, which is always a good thing. To sweeten the deal, Mr. Brewer is giving away a copy of 2012 Writer's Market Deluxe Edition (which he edited) to one lucky challenge participant.

Hopefully, I'll get a copy of that book, but realistically, I know that by the end of the 30 days, I will make some new writing friends and have a better social media presence. Then, I'll have to figure out how to keep them all up to date.

*****
Connect with me on Twitter--Facebook--LinkedIn--Google+


Plus, sign up for free e-mail updates from this blog in the top right-hand corner of the page.

*****



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I LOVE hearing from you! :D