Monday, March 10, 2014

Contrary Cats--Interview with Melodie Corrigall

Some of you may have read one of my previous posts, Anthology Angst
Let me tell you, it was no small task finding and contacting the other authors involved with this project. Even when I did find them on Facebook or on their websites, most of them never answered my invitation. BUT there were a few gracious people who were happy to sit down and chat.

Here is the first in a week-long series of interviews with my fellow contributors to Contrary Cats:

My first guest is Melodie Corrigall, author of the story, Slicker-down.



Melodie Corrigall is a Canadian writer fortunate to have family and friends who have encouraged her creative efforts.  She appreciates the work of print and E-Zine publishers and editors, most of whom work for little or no money, for their dedicated efforts to keep short fiction available to readers and give writers, like herself, an opportunity to share their stories.

Hi, Melodie! Welcome to A Room to Write. 

How long have you been writing?


I have been writing stories from childhood but school, work, family and life got in the way of focusing on my fiction. Since retirement, I have had more time to write for pleasure and to hone my skills.

What is your favorite genre to read?


I am a theatre buff and like to see plays performed (hence enjoy dialogue) and to read novels and short stories, especially short comic pieces. 

What is your favorite genre to write?

Depending on the day, I like to meet the challenge of writing what a friend called “harrowing pieces” or if I am in a more whimsical mood to capture comic moments and possibilities.

Where did you get the inspiration for your story?

The story came from considering how a person might escape unwanted phone calls and how cats, naughty or nice, usually end up landing on their feet.

What are you working on now?


At present, I have a number of stories in the hopper: some serious and some whimsical.

Thanks so much for visiting today. Good luck in your writing, and I hope to read more of your work soon.

If you'd like to know more about Melodie, visit her website: http://www.melodiecorrigall.com/

_______________________________________________________________

Would you like a copy of Contrary Cats? 



You can purchase one here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I LOVE hearing from you! :D