Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Unorganized Chaos

Every morning, I wake up and turn on the coffee pot.  I look around at all the chores that need to be done.  In between drinking my coffee and getting ready for work, I do small jobs like straighten the living room, wash the previous night's glasses and cups, etc. and wish I had more time to get things done.
I can't help but wonder if I hadn't spent the time stocking my store on Facebook or stalking friends, I would have had time to do twenty minutes of yoga, a load of laundry, write a story, or heaven forbid, clean my house.
Every night, I lie in bed and make a mental list of things to do the next day, swearing I'll stick to the list, but the next day comes and goes without getting much accomplished.
Lately, I find that unless a chore has a deadline, I will push it to the back burner. 
"Give everything a deadline," you say.  Ha!  I cannot be tricked.  Even when things do have a deadline, I need to wait until right before the date to start the process.  Maybe it's the rebel in me.
I marvel at the people who have their Christmas shopping done before Halloween while I'm still cleaning up the flower gardens I never got around to planting all summer.
I have lists and schedules and I really, really try to be more organized but sometimes I think it's just not in my blood.
What are your strategies for keeping yourself on track?

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you posted this. Not glad that you struggle with this, but glad that I now know I am not the only one who struggles with this issue. Sorry, I have no advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right along with ya sister!! We need to be more like our mother but we are not.....Where did we come from??? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I spend my morning the same way as you do, I have no inspiration there, but I do have a calander that I schedule in big things like Christmas shopping (in November). That's about as organized as I get. Life gets in the way, but truthfully, I would have it any other way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to see I'm not alone, lol. I tell myself there's no such thing as procrastination. Everything I do and see is fodder for a story.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I LOVE hearing from you! :D