Monday, January 30, 2012

January Update


The holidays are over and the house is back to normal. Somewhat, anyway. The best thing about decking the halls with boughs of holly, santas, snowmen, Christmas cards, and angels is tucking them neatly away in their designated Rubbermaid tubs, when the season is over. The house looks bigger and cleaner and more organized.

When the house feels organized, I feel productive. Amanda is back in school in Daytona Beach, FL (poor kid, huh?) hopefully with her nose to the grindstone, and my writing den is all mine, once again. 

As I look back on my goals for 2012, I'm thinking my ambition may have been bigger than my capabilities. Setting goals keeps me from roaming aimlessly through life but I think the problem lies in the fact that I have too many unfinished tasks from 2011 and my brain is telling me to complete them before moving on to my detailed schedule for the new year.

But all is not lost, I'm co-mingling unfinished 2011 tasks with my new schedule in baby steps. While I've written and submitted two adult short stories and two poems (one of which was already accepted!) and started on another novel (I couldn't help myself!) my children's writing goals are a little behind. My ICL lesson is going to need another week or two before it's suitable for sending to my instructor and I haven't any children's short stories begging for release from my brain.

Have no fear, I haven't given up, though! For now, I think my key to any accomplishment in the next few months will be perseverance. That schedule may need a little adjusting.

What about you? Have you set any goals for yourself? How are you faring?

1 comment:

  1. Hmph. We were in the same type of blogging mood today apparently. Great minds think alike. I love putting away the Christmas deco too. The house does seem bigger somehow. Brighter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I LOVE hearing from you! :D