Thank you to Courtney, Mariah, Claudsy, and Kim for the award and for tagging me!
I was given 44 questions! Yikes!! Some were the same but most were different. So, I decided to choose 13 to answer. Here I go...
1. Book or E-Book and why?
Book. I don't have an e-reader YET. (Yes, yes, I know I should have one, but I'm one of those people who procrastinates when it comes to technology.) Besides, I like the way thick books feel in my hands, and I enjoy watching my bookmark move a chunk of pages at a time. I know I can read on my PC, but I already spend too many hours on there for work. I'm saving up for a Kindle, but until then, it's books only.
2. What is your favorite movie?
Oh, boy. I have so many favorites. I like epics like Braveheart, Titanic, and Dances with Wolves. I love It's a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Carol during the Christmas season. I also love the first three Pirates of the Caribbean movies and Pretty Woman. I'm sure I'll think of more after this post runs, lol.
3. Do you have one place on Earth you dream of visiting?
One place? Heck no. I have a bunch of places on my bucket list. Machu Picchu in Peru, Scotland, Egypt, Puerto Rico, China, Japan, Russia, and Kashmir are only a few places I long to see. If I was given only one place to visit, I don't know if I could choose!
4. If you were trapped on an island, would you rather have a box of books, or paper and pens?
I think I would pick paper and pencils. I NEED to write. Whether it's poetry, short stories, or lists of what I'd do when I got off that island.
5. What was the first book you read meant for adults?
I can't remember if it was George Orwell's, 1984, or John Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath. Hey, it was a looooong time ago! In any case, I'm putting them both on my Booksfree queue. Thanks for reminding me about them.
6. Do you read book reviews before reading a book?
No. Sometimes reviews will pique my interest, but usually I don't read them. Books are a personal thing. What you may love, I may not like, and vice versa.
7. Would you rather read poetry or memoir?
I'm nosey. I like memoir.
8. Did you go through a phase during your teens of reading romance or horror?
Horror. I read almost every book Stephen King wrote. He scared the crap out of me numerous times. That clown in It haunted my sleep for weeks.
9. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
Coffee. All day, every day. Tea. Only when I'm sick or cold. Hot chocolate. Only in the Winter. With marshmallows and whipped cream. Very fattening!
10. LEGOS or Tinker Toys?
LEGOS all the way. I can't wait until I have grandchildren so I can play with theirs.
11. Who is your favorite musical artist?
This is another question I can't pick just one answer. Depending on my mood and the task at hand, I listen to Dave Matthews, Alicia Keys, Michael Buble, Metallica, or Mozart.
12. Can you really have too many books?
My husband, John, says YES, but then again, I think he has too many fishing lures.
13. Do you believe in magic? Why or why not?
Magic happens every day, whether you believe in it or not. Some people just open their minds enough to see it all around us.
Since I'm probably one of the last people in the blogosphere to do this post, I'm inviting each and every one of you to play along, and choose at least one of the following 10 questions to answer. (You can answer as many as you'd like!) Don't forget to include your blog address in your comment!
1. If you could spend the day with a famous person, living or dead, who would it be, and how would you spend the time together?
2. If you could travel through time, what century would you choose to live in, and where?
3. What was your favorite book as a child?
4. What is your favorite genre to read?
5. Do you write poetry? Why or why not?
6. Do you have a library card? How often do you use it?
7. If you won 200 million dollars in the lottery, what is the first thing you would purchase?
8. Who is your favorite book character and why?
9. I have too many_________.
10. What is your favorite season and why?