Thursday, March 15, 2012

TAG! I'm It!


First off, I'd like to welcome my new followers. Welcome! I hope you enjoy my blog posts as much as I enjoy writing them. Please feel free to jump in with any questions or comments. I love getting feedback.

Thank you to Courtney, Mariah, Claudsy, and Kim for the award and for tagging me!

I was given 44 questions! Yikes!! Some were the same but most were different. So, I decided to choose 13 to answer. Here I go...

1. Book or E-Book and why?

Book. I don't have an e-reader YET. (Yes, yes, I know I should have one, but I'm one of those people who procrastinates when it comes to technology.) Besides, I like the way thick books feel in my hands, and I enjoy watching my bookmark move a chunk of pages at a time. I know I can read on my PC, but I already spend too many hours on there for work. I'm saving up for a Kindle, but until then, it's books only.

2. What is your favorite movie?

Oh, boy. I have so many favorites. I like epics like Braveheart, Titanic, and Dances with Wolves. I love It's a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Carol during the Christmas season. I also love the first three Pirates of the Caribbean movies and Pretty Woman. I'm sure I'll think of more after this post runs, lol.

3. Do you have one place on Earth you dream of visiting?

One place? Heck no. I have a bunch of places on my bucket list. Machu Picchu in Peru, Scotland, Egypt, Puerto Rico, China, Japan, Russia, and Kashmir are only a few places I long to see. If I was given only one place to visit, I don't know if I could choose!

4. If you were trapped on an island, would you rather have a box of books, or paper and pens?

I think I would pick paper and pencils. I NEED to write. Whether it's poetry, short stories, or lists of what I'd do when I got off that island.

5. What was the first book you read meant for adults?

I can't remember if it was George Orwell's, 1984, or John Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath. Hey, it was a looooong time ago! In any case, I'm putting them both on my Booksfree queue. Thanks for reminding me about them.

6. Do you read book reviews before reading a book?

No. Sometimes reviews will pique my interest, but usually I don't read them. Books are a personal thing. What you may love, I may not like, and vice versa.

7. Would you rather read poetry or memoir?

I'm nosey. I like memoir.

8. Did you go through a phase during your teens of reading romance or horror?

Horror. I read almost every book Stephen King wrote. He scared the crap out of me numerous times. That clown in It haunted my sleep for weeks.

9. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?

Coffee. All day, every day. Tea. Only when I'm sick or cold. Hot chocolate. Only in the Winter. With marshmallows and whipped cream. Very fattening!

10. LEGOS or Tinker Toys?

LEGOS all the way. I can't wait until I have grandchildren so I can play with theirs.

11. Who is your favorite musical artist?

This is another question I can't pick just one answer. Depending on my mood and the task at hand, I listen to Dave Matthews, Alicia Keys, Michael Buble, Metallica, or Mozart.

12. Can you really have too many books?

My husband, John, says YES, but then again, I think he has too many fishing lures.

13. Do you believe in magic? Why or why not?

Magic happens every day, whether you believe in it or not. Some people just open their minds enough to see it all around us.

_______________________
Since I'm probably one of the last people in the blogosphere to do this post, I'm inviting each and every one of you to play along, and choose at least one of the following 10 questions to answer. (You can answer as many as you'd like!) Don't forget to include your blog address in your comment!

1. If you could spend the day with a famous person, living or dead, who would it be, and how would you spend the time together?

2. If you could travel through time, what century would you choose to live in, and where?

3. What was your favorite book as a child?

4. What is your favorite genre to read?

5. Do you write poetry? Why or why not?

6. Do you have a library card? How often do you use it?

7. If you won 200 million dollars in the lottery, what is the first thing you would purchase?

8. Who is your favorite book character and why?

9. I have too many_________.

10.  What is your favorite season and why?

6 comments:

  1. You are so popular! Love your blog and GREAT answers, Denise! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you want us to respond to your question's here? Oh boy-I'm long in the tooth, so I'll keep my answers brief. Let people ponder my responses!

    1) I'd spend the day with John Wayne fishing.

    2) I'd time travel to the turn of the 20th century England.

    3) Comic books! My mom worked in a store, I'd go wait for her to get off work and I read all the books, but I like the comic book stories better!

    4) My favorite genre: science fiction/fiction.

    5) No I don't write poetry, cause I suck at it!

    6) I have a library card, yes. I also signed my hubs up for one. With a 100 item limit, I usually fill up mine, then start on his card! I'm at the library 6-7 days a week.

    7) If I won a huge chunk of money, I'd buy a set of drums!

    8) Right now, my favorite book character is Joanne Archer in Vicki Petterssen's Signs of the Zodiac series.

    9) I have too many distractions!

    10) My favorite season is fall. I've got fond childhood memories of all five senses being kicked in: smell of leaves burning, the wet smell coming off of leaves; the color changes in the leaves; harvest time; making cider; and of course, Halloween!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such fun answers, Kim! Thanks for sharing with us. :)
      And thanks for the kind words. *hugs*

      Delete
  3. Congrat's on your award! You totally deserve it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise, you have an awesome site. I just love roaming through it, but I lost contact with you. are you the denise that I mailed a book to for a review? It looks like you but so manyhave asked I've mixed a lotof people up. If you are the denise I'm looking for let me know at Mallie1025@aol.com
    I'm following you now soit should be easier.

    Thanks, Micki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Micki,

      Yes! I'm the Denise you sent the book to. Believe it or not, I usually read 2-3 books at a time and am almost finished with yours. I will e-mail you when I'm done and of course, I'll review it. :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I LOVE hearing from you! :D