Thursday, July 19, 2012

Versatile Blogger Award



I received an award from Julie over at Julie Rose Sews. You really should visit her blog. She's a sweet and beautiful young designer who just graduated from the Fashion Institute. She makes the prettiest little things and sells them on her Etsy shop, AND she has the most charming blog posts. Thank you for the award, Julie!

Ok, so here are the rules. The recipients of this award are supposed to mention 7 random facts about themselves, choose 15 other bloggers to award, and let them know via blog comment that they've been picked.  This took me awhile. I had a hard time thinking of 7 random facts! But, here they are:

1. I like scratchy washcloths. I hate those washcloths that are all soft and fluffy and velour-like, and never feel like they do anything but glide soap all over you. I like to feel like I'm taking off that entire layer of dead skin.

2. I still have a flip phone. Yeah, yeah. I know what you're going to say, "Everybody has a smart phone!" Well, I don't, and I don't really want one. I'm already distracted enough. I will fight it to the bitter end.

3. I cry at weddings. I can't help it. Even if I don't really know the bride and groom, I cry. No. I sob at wedding ceremonies. (I did at mine too!) And the father/daughter dance?  Forget it! I'm a basket case. Probably because I never got to dance with mine, so hopefully Amanda gets the privilege, but her whacko mother will be wailing, so the band better play very loud.

4. I cannot 'go commando.' I've tried. I can't. I don't understand how people do it. Ok, that was really random. I'll stop now.

5. I love incense. Every Saturday, after I dust and vacuum, I burn a small stick in each room. I like almost all the scents, but my favorite is good old sandalwood.

6. I have a crush on Mike Holmes, Troy Landry, Captain Jack Sparrow and Hugh Laurie


7. I've hung out and had drinks with: Mason ReeseGervase from Survivor (First season), and several members of the Chippendales. Not all in one night, though.

Okay. Now there's no way for me to come up with 15 nominations, so I'm going to introduce you to some of the new blogs I follow. Here are the nominations...

Mel's Madness

Our Lost Jungle

sarahscapes

cakabala

Finding Bliss

Congratulations!!




4 comments:

  1. Awww, you're so sweet, thank you! I'm right there with you about the washcloths. If it isn't exfoliating, I don't want it. And fact #4 gave me a serious case of the giggles because it's TRUE! I don't like things all breezy, thankyouverymuch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa! Thanks for the award, and thanks for stopping by again. <3

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Denise! It means a lot, truly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! Love your blog posts. :D

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I LOVE hearing from you! :D