Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Chaos, Crises & Crabs

So you may or may not have noticed that there wasn't a Fun Facts post about Easter. I apologize to anyone who was disappointed. Lately, there has been way too much chaos and way too many crises in my life, and I can't seem to remember what day it is.

My mother has decided that she doesn't like where she is living. Her and my sister are moving, and of course, I'm helping them. My back is killing me. They have accumulated an awful lot of stuff. The details are the most exhausting thing about the move.




Wrong paint. The color in the middle is Imperial Sand. The color on the wall is more like fleshy pink.

John and I needed to do some major renovations to the downstairs apartment in our house. It has been an expensive and very frustrating venture. If you've ever done work in your house, you know that nothing EVER goes as planned.



My daughter Amanda goes to Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach, Florida. We had given her a car to drive while she's down there. The day before I was to fly down and spend some quality Spring Break time with her, someone had stolen her car. Not only did they take her car, but they also took everything in the interior and trunk, to the tune of $3,300.00 in aircraft tools. Oy. Needless to say, our quality Spring Break time was spent doing a bunch of running around and wondering what kind of people steal from other working-class schmucks like us.


They stole the car right from under her nose and her balcony!

The good news is that ten days later, the car was recovered about a mile from her apartment complex. The bad news is that the police did not catch anyone because they didn't wait for the culprits to come back to the car. Three days later, the thief attempted to steal the car again, but broke one of the windows instead. There are still no leads, and that's all I'm going to say about that.




I like to think positively, and remember that there are people who have bigger problems than us.

In the midst of all this chaos and crises, I am querying agents for representation. My nerves are shot and I'm not even halfway through my list.

When I'm feeling like I just want to cry, I remember how delicious the crabs tasted at Joe's Crab Shack on the pier in Daytona Beach, and that makes me smile.





That's me--Queen Crab!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, the last photo made me laugh really hard. You look so thrilled with your bib. I love it. The renovation photos look like a few jobs I have had to deal with. I feel for you! Good luck with the repaint. So fun....As for the car deal, all I can safely say is that the police are not some of my favorite people right now. What happened to helping the victims? What happened to doing their job. I feel bad for you and Amanda in that your spring break fun in the sun was tainted by all the worry and frustration. Hope this week is better for you.

    ctny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That was my queenly wave. :) Thanks for the kind words. My husband and I are NOT happy with the police right now. We made the most of the week, but now I'll have to go back sooner. :D

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I LOVE hearing from you! :D