Thursday, September 19, 2013

Fun Facts--International Talk Like a Pirate Day (September 19th)


Ahoy! Everyone likes pirates. Not the smelly-rotten-teeth-sort-who-rob-innocent-people-and-kill-them kind of pirates.




No, no, no! I'm talking about the romantic-swashbuckling-flouncy-shirt-wearing kind of pirate. Avast!



Ahem. Aye. My pirate love began in 2003 when my daughter Amanda begged me to take her to the theater to see the new Orlando Bloom movie. I begrudgingly took her and settled in to take a nap in the dark, but when the opening credits showed an all-star cast and the music started playing, I was hooked.



In 1995, when a couple of guys began talking like pirates while playing raquetball, International Talk Like a Pirate Day was born. Read here for How it all started...


The Original Website has tons of activities like a Personality TestPickup lines, a map of the world, marking where the parties are, and even a free knitting pattern!




I'll leave you with a little video for your entertainment. Feel free to sing along!


Oh, and 'Hide the rum.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I LOVE hearing from you! :D