Thursday, May 15, 2014

Time Flies---An Update


It's hard to believe, but it has been a full month since I've written a blog post. I couldn't think of anything to write about. I had nothing to say. I know, I know, you're probably all wondering how a chatterbox like myself could keep quiet for so long.


I've seen a few blog posts, such as Miss Snark's "When Words Run Dry" and also an article in Writer's Magazine about Blogger's Block. I have to wonder if a strange planetary alignment, some tidal phenomenon, or the warmer weather had an effect on some of us.


I've been more inside myself lately, unable to articulate my feelings and thoughts. All of my thoughts have been jumbled inside my head. In any case, even though I have been quiet, I haven't been idle. When my mind is working overtime and ready to rupture and implode, I look for ways to release some of that pent up disquiet.




I spent a lot of hours watching BBC movies and television shows on Netflix because it helped drown out the questioning and analytic voices in my head. I'm a fan girl for anything British.



I got a little bit crafty and made some fairy houses to tuck into the landscaping around our home. Aren't they cute?



(Pay no attention to the piles of stuff in my spare room...) A friend of mine found this chair on the street. For FREE!!! I've never seen a chair like this before, have you? With some shampoo and a little furniture polish, it will be good as new.


I finished reading A CLASH OF KINGS.


And started reading THE TWO LIVES OF ERROL FLYNN. (which I just noticed has one 1-star review. I haven't given up on it yet.)




I spent some quality time with Caleb. 


I started planning out my friend's daughter's Halloween costume. (No. It's not a fairy princess costume.)




We took a four-day road trip from NJ to Florida. And back again.


And of course we stopped in Pennsylvania at hubby's favorite place.

I even submitted a short story when I got home. 

I HAVE been busy. I guess I needed to wait until I had enough photos to make a semi-interesting blog post. 

What have you all been up to?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I LOVE hearing from you! :D