Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tag! I'm it!



A few weeks ago, (okay, maybe it was longer than that) I was tagged by Courtney Rene to take part in a blog hop. Thanks, Courtney! I was asked four questions:

1. What am I currently working on?--After emerging from a three-month-long, self-imposed hiatus, I'm finally back to work on my second novel, Halcyon Dream. After I wrote the first draft, I decided to make some big changes, but now I'm floundering. In between persuading my characters to behave and beating my head against my desk, I'm working on short stories.

2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?--I like to write in multiple points of view. I want to get inside the heads of the antagonist as well as the protagonist.

3. Why do I write what I write?--I write contemporary short stories, poetry, children's stories, young adult, and adult fiction. I haven't found one genre that I prefer over another. I write what is in my heart and my head. Not all of it is fit for publication. 

4. How does my individual writing process work?--I'm a pantster. The only time I've ever outlined a story was while I was a student at the Institute for Children's Literature and last year, right before NaNoWriMo. When an idea comes to mind, I write it down, along with any dialogue, character sketches or scenes that immediately come to mind. I spend a few hours or days thinking about the story. Sometimes, it doesn't get any further than those original notes, so I file them away in a box. Other times, I can't get it out of my head. That's when I know the story wants to be written. 

In order to keep the hop going, I am to tag two other writers to answer the same questions.  I have chosen:


Please take the time to stop over and say hello to them.  This is a great opportunity to meet and greet writers you may not know of.  Have a wonderful week!  

*****

Connect with me on Twitter--Facebook--LinkedIn--Google+
Plus, sign up for e-mail updates from this blog in the top right-hand corner of the page.

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I LOVE hearing from you! :D