Monday, December 14, 2015

So This is Christmas...




This week is crunch time. I'll be cooking, baking, shopping, wrapping, decorating, and questioning why I always wait until the last minute. I vowed that through it all I'm going to try my hardest to remember that this is the most wonderful time of the year.

My tree is decorated, but the rest of my home's interior is a little less than merry. I did make sure to put out my new nutcrackers.



















Aren't they adorable?

I'm still not done baking, but by the time the week is over, we'll be hip-deep in cookies. I wouldn't want to deprive my technicians and my husband of their cookie intake. Unfortunately, I can't keep my grubby little fingers from dipping into the chocolatey, nutty, sugary, nuggets of sin, but that's a problem to deal with later on.

This year, I'm taking everything in stride. Whatever gets done, gets done, and whatever doesn't get done, doesn't need to get done. 

It's been 12 months  since Mom's health scares began. Last year at this time she was in an induced coma and when we weren't working or sleeping, we spent all our time at the hospital. I didn't do gifts or decorate--heck I didn't do Christmas. 

This isn't my favorite holiday. I'm more of a stuff-my-face-with-candy-and-cackle-like-the-witch-I-am kind of girl. I'm usually cranky and stressed out, but this year is different This year Mom is home and doing well, my oldest grandson still believes in the magic of Santa and my youngest grandson is old enough to appreciate the wonders of the season. Everyone is healthy and happy. What more could I ask for?

All is calm, all is bright, and even though we're having a freak warm spell in New Jersey, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I LOVE hearing from you! :D