Saturday, November 6, 2010

Transitions for Mr. Bransford

When I completed the rough draft for my YA fantasy novel, I immediately went to work researching possible agents.  At the top of my list was a young man named Nathan Bransford, a literary agent with Curtis Brown, LTD since 2002.

Mr. Bransford's blog is a writer's wonderland, filled with advice galore.  His blog contains practically everything a writer needs to know, from formatting a manuscript all the way to how the publishing process works.  His blog actually contains a Writing Advice Database that's priceless!

Mr. Bransford has such an easy-going manner and is in no way intimidating.  His posts are humorous and written in a way we can all understand.  He encourages writers to share their thoughts and he actually answers most questions posted by writers. 

I subscribe to Nathan Bransford's blog and get e-mail feeds so I don't miss any.  His blog has over 4600 Google followers and over 2500 Facebook fans.  Today, his post informed his followers that he was leaving the world of publishing and this would be his last day as a literary agent.  Mr. Bransford has been given an amazing opportunity to work at the tech news/review site CNET, where he will be helping to coordinate social media strategy. 

Nathan Bransford's blog and forums will live on even though his posts will change a bit.  If you've never visited his blog, do yourself a favor and check it out.  There is something to be learned for everyone.

http://blog.nathanbransford.com/

I'm extremely pleased for Mr. Bransford, he is so excited about this new challenge and opportunity in his life, and he seems like such a helpful and deserving person.  But I can't help feel a little sad for myself for never having the honor of asking him to read my completed manuscript.  Hopefully I'll find a new agent to put at the top of my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I LOVE hearing from you! :D