Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thankfulness

So sorry to interrupt your broadcast of ridiculously early Christmas carols, (what's up with that anyway?) but this is in fact Thanksgiving week. What better time for a blog post on being thankful?

Sure, we should count our blessings every day, but Thanksgiving is a time when we are shaken from our hectic lives and reminded to slow down for a day (After cooking enough food for an arm, and before the stress of Christmas shopping for things we can't afford for people who don't need anything, of course.) and be mindful of the abundance in our lives.

So, I thought I would share with you all some of the things I am thankful for:

“When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching -- they are your family. ” 
― Jim Butcher


~Our family, of course. Most of them are bitchy, crazy, sarcastic, mixed-up, and quite dysfunctional, (except for the new babies, but it's inevitable...) but I love each and every person. Oh, and by the way, only I can say that about them. 

“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions.”― Albert Einstein

~My creativity. Whether I'm writing, drawing, crafting, or whatever--it's all mine. I only wish I had more time to enjoy it and share it.

“Home is the nicest word there is.” ― Laura Ingalls Wilder

~Our warm safe home. So many people have lost their homes in the recent hurricane and I thank God every day we are so fortunate.

“You're going to come across people in your life who will say all the right words at all the right times. But in the end, it's always their actions you should judge them by. It's actions, not words, that matter.” ― Nicholas SparksThe Rescue


~My friends. Whether they are the online friends I've never met personally, or the ones I've shared laughter, tears, day trips to NYC, or margaritas (salted rim, please) with, they are all so supportive, inspiring, and comforting.

“There's no luck in business. There's only drive, determination, and more drive.” ― Sophie KinsellaShopaholic Takes Manhattan

~Our business. After 16 years of hard work, we still have a thriving business. Sure, we've had our ups and downs, and some days are harder than others when the cash doesn't flow as smoothly as I need, but we are grateful for our customers and the ability to survive and offer a service to our community. 

“Show me a family of readers, and I will show you the people who move the world.” ― Napoleon Bonaparte

~YOU! Yes, you keep me posting on this blog. Just knowing that someone has taken the time to read my thoughts is the ultimate compliment. Thank you!

I wish you the happiest Thanksgiving, and I hope you get a chance to surround yourself with the people you love. Don't eat too much. And remember, I'll be thinking of you. 

Before you go back to listening to that ridiculously early Christmas music, why not share something you are thankful for?

*****
Connect with me on Twitter--Facebook--LinkedIn--Google+
Plus, sign up for free e-mail updates from this blog in the top right-hand corner of the page.

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I LOVE hearing from you! :D