Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Leibster Award

First of all I'd like to thank Gemma from across the pond at Missuswolf's StoryLand for the award. 
Please stop in and give her blog a peek. 

I'm to give 11 random facts about myself and then answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated me. Sure! I can do that. Then, I'm to think up 11 new questions and nominate 11 new blogs. Now there's the problem. All of the blogs that I follow have already received the award. So, I won't be following all of the award instructions. 

If you have a blog and haven't received the Liebster award yet, then by all means please grab the blurry little picture above. You can answer the same questions that Gemma asked me!

11 Random Facts about Me:

1. Along with fairies, corks, and story ideas, I also collect boxes and tins. 

 This one was a gift from a customer.


This one is one of my favorites. 

2. I grind my teeth at night. My jaw clenches so tightly, I could probably snap someone's finger off. I wear a guard at night.

3. I always wanted to open a coffee, tea, and dessert shop and call it, 'Just Desserts.' Go ahead, you can use it if you'd like because it will never happen for me.

4. Depending on my mood and what I'm doing, I listen to every kind of music: Country, Classical, Disco, Hip-hop, Blues, Jazz, or even Latin.

5. I hate cruises. I've been on a few of them over the years, and I hated it every time. 

6. I can't swim. I never learned and I won't go into water over my head. So...

7. My biggest fear is drowning.

8. My very favorite show in the world is SURVIVOR!!

I follow Jeff Probst on Twitter and I never miss an episode. The only thing stopping me from making my own video and auditioning, is #6. I'm hoping some day they will have another season in the Australian Outback. They didn't do any swimming that year.

9.  I hate Winter and Summer. I'd prefer if it was Spring up until the week of July 4th, then it can be hot for a week. Immediately after, I'd like Fall until Christmas Eve. It could snow that night into Christmas Day and then melt on the 26th, then it can be cold through New Year's Day and then be Spring again. Is that too much to ask?

10.  I'm basically a shy person, but once I know you, I'm so silly and outgoing that you'll forget I was once quiet and reserved.

11.  I work best under pressure. I procrastinate until the very last minute and then put my whole heart and soul into getting the task done. 

11 Questions Asked by Gemma:

1. What inspired you to start writing?

I was an only child until the age of seven. I've always had a great imagination and loved to create things, whether through crafts, drawing, or making up stories in my head. I didn't start writing until the nest was empty, and I sat down and thought about what I wanted to be when I grow up.

2. What is your New Year's resolution?

I don't believe in resolutions. See here.
I'm constantly changing and rearranging myself and everything around me. (except my hubby, of course!)

3. If you could be in someone else's shoes for one day, who would that be and why?

If I could choose a fictional person, it would be Carrie Bradshaw. 
She always wears awesome shoes!

In real life, it would have to be JK Rowling. I can't imagine having a whole theme park built around a world you created for your characters. I want to spend time in her shoes so I can poke around in her mind.

4. What is your favourite season?

I would have to say Fall. I love the colors and smells, the crisp air, and the feeling of nesting. 

5. Where has been your favourite holiday destination?

Since Gemma is from the UK, when she says 'holiday' I think she means 'vacation.' It's a toss-up. I loved Mexico, specifically Isla Mujeres, a white sand island off the coast of Cancun.

beach04.jpg


I also loved Basel, Switzerland

Basel, Switzerland
The kid with the circle around her head is my daughter. Her fife and drum corps performed in Switzerland in 2001.

I want to go back to both places one day, but there are so many places yet to be seen!


6. Where do you see yourself this time next year?

I will have an agent. The Clover Key will have been published and making a substantial amount of money, and my second novel (not yet titled) will have offers from multiple publishers. How's that for positive thinking?

7. What has been the highlight of your writing experience so far?

Seeing my name and work in print never gets old.

8. Do you prefer coffee or tea?

Coffee. All day. Everyday. Yeah, definitely coffee.

9. What is your favourite song?

I don't have a favourite song, exactly. There are so many songs that when I hear them I just say, "Oh my God, I love that song!"

10. What has been the most influential book you have read, that has really caught your attention and made you think?

Gee, this question is really hard. There are so many books that have done that for me. The Secret, The Bible, and others I can't recall, have influenced me, but the book that really caught my attention and made me think is probably Anne Rice's Memnoch the Devil.

11. What has been your highlight of 2012?

The answer to this question is very easy:



The birth of my grandson, Caleb 


and the birth of my niece, Jane.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Denise, it's been fab to learn some facts about you and congratulations on becoming a grandparent and an Auntie last year. I became an Auntie for the first time last year and it's truly amazing.
    Good luck with your writing and I love your positive thinking.
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gemma, Thanks so much for the award. Yes, babies are so much fun!

      Delete
  2. I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew there was a reason we were such grand friends. We have so much in common.

    What a fun blog. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ctny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have much in common, don't we? Thanks so much for commenting. :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Lynn!

    Thanks so much for stopping by. I'll be sure to check out your blog. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I LOVE hearing from you! :D