Thursday, November 1, 2012

Trick-or-Treating, Costume Parties, and RSVPs


Since we live in the country, we don't get many trick-or-treaters. As a matter of fact, we haven't had one child ring our doorbell in the past 5 years. Since the town's Halloween Parade runs right down the center of Main Street, the residents in that area get hit the hardest. Our local A&P actually accepts candy bag donations for the homes there. Then, parents will drive to a development with a big cluster of homes and tire out their children in one area. I find it disappointing. I love to see children in costume. I guess I'll have to wait until the grandkids show up for their treats.

We recently attended my girlfriend's amazing 50th birthday bash. Costumes were mandatory. While most people moan and groan at those three little words, I was ecstatic. I love dressing up in costume!

If you didn't know, I'm a huge fan of Johnny Depp, but a real FanGirl when it comes to him in the Captain Jack Sparrow role. I got the idea that John could dress up as Capt. Jack, and I would dress as Angelica, from On Stranger Tides.

I figured that since the movie came out in 2011, the pirate fad was over and there wouldn't be too many of the same costumes. I was wrong. I think there were about 10 different pirates at the party. It felt like we were in Penzance.

I promised I'd post a photo of our costumes.


Johnny and Penelope? Definitely not.

Now, since nobody RSVPd to my Costume Party Post, no one won the prize of 31 More Nights of Halloween. Oh well, maybe next year. 

I hope Sandy didn't ruin your fun. 

Did you go trick-or-treating this year? Did you wear a costume? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I LOVE hearing from you! :D