Tuesday, June 26, 2012

You Can't Always Get What You Want...


...but if you bug people enough, you just might get lucky.

I do it all the time--I see something on television or in a magazine and say, "I want one of those!" It's not a demand. It's just a statement really. Just wishing on a star. Just slinging a dream out into the Universe, hoping some miracle will happen, or that someone will make a note of it. Usually, they forget what I want. Most of the time, I forget I wanted it also.

But this last time was different! I was at my dear mother's house one day. We were watching TV when a Kindle Fire commercial came on. Of course, I blurted out that Universe-slinging statement, "I want one of those!" And you know what? It worked!

For my birthday, my mother and sister surprised me with a brand-spanking-new Kindle Fire AND accessories! I think I cried. No. I KNOW I cried.

So now, in between surfing Facebook and Twitter for those free e-book statuses and tweets, reading novels, working on my WIP, planning blog posts, and being an all-around human being with a business to run, I'm also a Kindle-Fire-player-arounder. Well, that's probably not a word. But you know what I mean.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share my little tidbit of excitement with you. Thank you to everyone and anyone kind enough to offer free e-books. 

So, I thought you should all know that sometimes, every so often, wishing on a star, and slinging it out into the Universe DOES work!

Have you ever wished on a star? Slung a dream out into the Universe? Has it ever come true?

2 comments:

  1. Just happened this week. In the form of an older model iMac with a big screen...a friend of mine downsized to a MacBook Pro. I've got a newer version MacBook too. But I had let my daughters keep my older desk top when I moved back to Hawaii. It is more comfortable for longer writing projects ...like my daughter's dissertation. Now I have a more comfortable set up for my WIP.

    Kindle, Nook, iPad or just an iPhone...haven't decided on the smaller end of things as yet. Maybe by the time I do, the Universe will sling something my way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See? Isn't it fun when things just happen like that?
      It took me forever to pick an e-reader. I aggravated everyone about which one is better. I was 2 days away from buying a regular Kindle, when I received the Fire.
      Thanks for stopping by, Lara!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I LOVE hearing from you! :D