Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sometimes...

Posted by Picasa



Sometimes, I love waking up early. The rest of the house is asleep and the new morning is full of promise. Morning sounds of chirping birds, brewing coffee, and a scratching pencil on crisp white paper. My mind floats freely, not yet cluttered with to-do lists.

Sometimes, I love late morning. Job tickets are printed, phone calls returned, parts ordered and the mechanics are busy working. A fresh cup of coffee in my hand accompanies the sound of a pencil scratching on crisp white paper. My mind flows freely with ideas that popped into my mind during the morning routine.

Sometimes, I love after dinner. My family is fed, leftovers tucked away in the fridge and dishes washed. The sounds of a Yankee game on television are a backdrop for a pencil scratching on crisp white paper. My mind flows freely with a new character I imagined while cooking.

Sometimes, I love late night. The rest of the house is asleep and day has been productive. Night sounds of light snoring, cat stalking, and a scratching pencil on crisp white paper. My mind flows freely, emptying emotions into poetry.

What's the best part of your day?