Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sometimes...

Posted by Picasa



Sometimes, I love waking up early. The rest of the house is asleep and the new morning is full of promise. Morning sounds of chirping birds, brewing coffee, and a scratching pencil on crisp white paper. My mind floats freely, not yet cluttered with to-do lists.

Sometimes, I love late morning. Job tickets are printed, phone calls returned, parts ordered and the mechanics are busy working. A fresh cup of coffee in my hand accompanies the sound of a pencil scratching on crisp white paper. My mind flows freely with ideas that popped into my mind during the morning routine.

Sometimes, I love after dinner. My family is fed, leftovers tucked away in the fridge and dishes washed. The sounds of a Yankee game on television are a backdrop for a pencil scratching on crisp white paper. My mind flows freely with a new character I imagined while cooking.

Sometimes, I love late night. The rest of the house is asleep and day has been productive. Night sounds of light snoring, cat stalking, and a scratching pencil on crisp white paper. My mind flows freely, emptying emotions into poetry.

What's the best part of your day?


1 comment:

  1. Well, honestly I am not a morning person so they dont really work for me. My life is too crazy in the afternoon, so not then either. But late at night. Oh yeah, that's my time. Whether pencil scritching on paper or the clickity clack of computer keys, the quite of the night is for me.

    ctny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I LOVE hearing from you! :D