I'm so sorry it's been so long since my last post. A few semi-catastrophes mixed in with a crazy/busy workload have hampered my writing schedule. I promise to be back on schedule next week.
Let me tell you about my week:
- Our auto repair shop is buzzing with business which means I don't have much free time to write at work.
- Hubby, John, has this allergic reaction thing going on. His hands swell and the itch is driving him crazy. His hands were so bad we resorted to a dreaded trip to the ER (we were only there 4 hours) to make sure it wasn't something really serious. We can't seem to pinpoint the culprit on our own so, we'll be paying a visit to an allergist as soon as I find time to get him there.
- I also had a rude (and boy, do I mean rude) awakening early Monday morning. A small toilet-induced flood on the second floor caused some ceiling caving and artificial lakes on the first floor of our beloved homestead. What a mess! Water is one of the most destructive things. It ONLY took 2 days for the insurance adjuster to call and the disaster cleanup company NEVER called. So, we cleaned up the water on our own. Needless to say, I've still got a whole lot of work ahead of me but most of it will be taken care of by professionals.
- Oh, and I got three rejections this week.
- We won 2 trophies for our show truck this past Saturday.
- Our auto repair shop is buzzing with business! This really is a wonderful thing.
- John also won a $50 American Express gift card in a raffle. He was only slightly itchy over the weekend.
- Even the whole getting-my-daughter-ready-for-college thing is going fairly smooth.
- AND I got an acceptance! (which outweighs the three rejections, by far)
So, I guess that's what they mean by taking the good with the bad.
How was your week?