Monday, September 7, 2015

A Rant on Drones





I live in rural New Jersey, on seven acres of land. I moved here from the city so that I could enjoy peace and quiet and privacy. I'm starting to wonder if any of us have privacy anymore. Let me tell you a story...

So the other day, I went outside in my nightgown (NO. There is no photo of that!) to water the tomato plants on the deck right outside our bedroom. As I was pouring water into the Earthboxes, I heard a buzzing noise. The buzzing didn't sound like a bee or a mosquito. The noise was more like the sound of race cars as heard on a television. Of course, since my hubby enjoys watching racing on TV, I thought his television was abnormally loud and got on with my watering.

The buzzing stopped and started again. I turned around and looked up in the sky. Directly above the house, I saw a drone. It hovered, came a little closer to me and then flew away. 

Our neighbors across the street are really nice neighbors. They beep and wave as they drive by our house, they let us know when their blueberries are ready to harvest, allowing us to pick as much as we want, and they usually mind their own business. I know for a fact that they have one of these things.

I was pissed off. I felt violated and really creeped out. I don't know for sure if the drone belonged to our neighbors, the government, or Amazon, and it doesn't matter. I didn't like it. I still don't like it, and every time I think about seeing that thing hovering over me, I get mad. These little remote-controlled spybots are not even regulated.

I know these drones are sold everywhere. I've seen them in Walmart for $59.99. This one even comes with a spy camera. Lovely. I realize I may be an idiot when it comes to technology, but hey, I'm all for progress and innovation. I just don't like my privacy invaded.

What are your thoughts on drones? 


*****

Connect with me on Twitter--Facebook--LinkedIn--Google+--Tumblr
Plus, sign up for e-mail updates from this blog in the top right-hand corner of the page.

*****




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I LOVE hearing from you! :D